Tuesday, September 20, 2016

MP Lookbacks using ThinkorSwim


Everybody seemed to draw there High Volume Areas differently.   Here's how I do it using TOS...


First, I draw my HVA based on one year back (or further) if i am needing data where none currently exists -or- for where I am seeking a "market memory"...



Above the main one year HVA, you can see two smaller HVAs. For the ES, these could also be captured on the 90 day or 30 day look back...



I select a 90 day look back as that would envelope many current Equities contracts. I feel this is important for long term money revisit points whenever long time frame money feels the need to revisit old prices. In the figure below, the 90 day look back is at the top





The moderator of a trade room I visit uses the 30 day time frame for HVA's so I draw those to be on the same page with that room. Most traders I understand rarely look further back than 30 days whereas investors may. Finally, I sometimes draw HVA's within HVA's as price seems to obey such....








No comments:

Post a Comment